Who wants to help make a difference?
Society stands at a tipping point, and we all will be affected. There is a need for change, and there is a strong demand for sustainable products that are not based on fossil fuels. By replacing existing unsustainable materials, the AMSilk team is able to make a true change in many industries.
Our vision is to make smart performing biotech materials part of everyday life. Of course, this won’t happen overnight. It needs talented people like you. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Chief Scientific Officer who plays an important role in AMSilk’s growth by developing strategies to develop the most innovative structure- and silk proteins as well as strains as the basis for supplying AMSilk’s multiple markets and applications.
As our Chief Scientific Officer you will lead a team of new technology experts who are driving the implementation of these strategies.
Your responsibility and impact within AMSilk company means to:
- Work with industry-leading global customers and key opinion leaders to identify and
understand future market trends and the needs of customers and consumers.
- Translate customer needs and market trends into the most innovative, complex structure- and silk proteins using state of the art biotechnologies and big data digitization in collaboration with leading partners in these industries.
- Development and implements AMSilk’s strategy for protein and strain development
- Build a team of new technology experts and understands people and organizational
development as key leadership task and takes personal ownership in developing people and
organization. Managing of employee performance and individual development.
- Lead IP; Sustainability and QC departments and enhances strategy in these departments
- Use digitalization, AI, and big data to develop simulation tools that can virtually design complex proteins with defined properties.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, HSE standards and AMSilk’s values and code of conduct.
- Initiate and plans the optimization
Your areas of knowledge and expertise are:
- Master’s or doctoral degree in microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, or related field
- 8 years of industry experience in the field of microbial strain and protein development.
- Experience with structural proteins would be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding how Big Data, and AI powered technologies can contribute to the design of proteins and strains.
- Track record of business skills to identify new opportunities and capitalize on them for the benefit of the company.
- More than 5 years of leadership experience in leading departments or teams.
- Experience in industrial fermentation and protein cleaning techniques would be a plus.
- Fluency to business level in both written and spoken German and English
We would love to have you on our team if you:
- enjoy teamwork and collaboration
- have a good sense of humor
- are bold, creative and think outside the box
- live a solutions-driven approach and have a pragmatic working style
- are willing to learn something new every day
What you can expect from us:
- At AMSilk we believe in providing a well-rounded benefits package that takes care of our employees’ health, wealth, and work/life balance. We subsidize public transportation, childcare, and lunch, and offer a company health program to help our employees stay healthy and happy
- We offer challenging work in a fast-paced environment and provide full support to help you expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and reach your full potential throughout your career journey
- A community that is both diverse and inclusive, where teammates feel empowered to share their ideas and work together creatively
If you would like to be part of our team and make a true change, apply now!
AMSilk is the world’s first industrial supplier of smart biotech materials by applying an outstanding technology platform based on silk proteins. AMSilk turns man-made proteins into silk formulations including fiber, hydrogels and silk powder for applications in the textile industry as well as for medical devices and consumer goods. All AMSilk materials are created with an end of life in mind, being completely vegan, biodegradable, using renewable plant-based carbon, with no microplastics Learn more on: www.amsilk.com